Tis the season! Happy Holidays everyone! Ren here. I don’t know about you but I adore this time of year. It’s the season of beautiful lights. My utter dislike for driving in the dark seems to lift once I see all the houses in the neighborhood looking like gingerbread houses. It’s the season of delicious drinks. FINALLY, I can drink hot tea. Here in Southern California, we went into November with temperatures in the high eighties. It’s the season for spending time with the ones you love. Life can get busy for my family, but we always tend to get together from all around the country around the holidays. It’s the season for giving. With giving comes the “Uhhhhh….”
Here is one of my favorites, sure to help with the confusion.
Creating thoughtful and hand-crafted holiday gifts are my favorite way to go. They are inexpensive, and you don’t have to be a super crafty person to do them.
Here is one of my favorites I make for friends and family and wanted to share it with you. Warm Milk and Cookies Bath Salts. They smell delish, and makes the skin feel fantastic. They are really easy to package ( I usually put mine in a mason jar, with a fun handmade label, and wrap it with some fabric on top.)
Warm Milk & Cookies Bath Salts
This bath salt mixture looks as amazing as it smells and makes for a delicious holiday scented bathing experience. Can also double as a foot soak! Mix it up in minutes or make it in bulk for holiday gifts.
- 1 cup Epsom Salts
- 1/2 cup Dead Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup dry nonfat milk powder (oat flour for our vegan friendly friends)
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Orange Peel, dried
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Sweet Cinnamon Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Root, dried
- 5 drops Organic Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 5 drops Organic Ginger Essential Oil
- Combine the salts, milk powder, and dried herbs in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Add essential oils and stir well to combine.
- Bottle with a cap.
- Add 1/4 cup of mixture to a Cotton Muslin Drawstring Bag, hang over your faucet, and run warm water through it for an amazing bath experience. You can also toss the bag into the water while soaking in the tub.
NOTE FROM REN:
If the holidays get too busy for you, you can always purchase the Warm Milk and Cookies Bath Salts from My Apothecary.
Or get your own DIY Kit, to make 5 gifts of your own:
Kit Includes: 5 containers, Epsom Salts, Dead Sea Salts, Milk Powder/Vegan Alterntive if requested*, Orange Peel, Ginger Root, Cinnamon Chips, Essential Oils, 5 Cotton Muslin Drawstring Bags, Sticker Labels